- Wakota CAER is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization initiated by industry and dedicated to provide and support preparedness for public safety and environmental preservation.
- Although Wakota CAER primarily serves Washington and Dakota counties in Minnesota, the organization has collaborated with additional CAER organizations and out-of-state response groups to promote preparedness and response efforts.
- Wakota CAER works to ensure that plans for responding to emergencies are coordinated between the public and private sectors and various government jurisdictions.
- Interagency coordination in response and planning provides mutual benefit to those responsible in emergency response and in the communities.
- The success of Wakota CAER can be attributed to the lasting partnerships between industry and government to accomplish a mutual vision that Wakota CAER supports.
How Wakota CAER Addresses Prevention & Preparedness
Wakota CAER addresses prevention and preparedness with two objectives in mind: the protection of people and the protection of the environment. Oil spills to rivers, chemical fires and many other emergency situations often threaten both people and the environment simultaneously.