Cold Weather Oil Containment and Recovery Spill Response Training.
Class limited to 20 participants so sign up as soon as dates are scheduled!
Cold Weather Compliance Training
1.5 Days/12 Hours
Course teaches the basic skills required to properly plan for, respond to, and clean up oil/petroleum products spills in the most adverse weather conditions– cold weather environments.
Emphasis is placed on cold weather personal protective clothing, response strategies and techniques to be utilized in the proper selection of response equipment and manpower for oil spill containment, recovery, and cleanup in snow and ice environments.
Twelve hours of classroom instruction and hands-on ice and snow field exercises are conducted over two days. Field exercises include various ice slotting techniques, surface removal techniques, and cold weather decontamination procedures.
- Cold and Frozen Water Oil Spills
- Cold Weather Oil Spill Response PPE
- Ice Characteristics
- Source Containment Techniques
- Moving Ice – Spill Response Containment
- In situ Burning – Ice and Snow Applications
- Surface and Subsurface Oil Removal
- Spill Trajectory Analysis – Ice and Snow
- Decontamination – Cold Weather Operation
- Ice Slotting Exercises
- Ice/Snow Decontamination
- Surface Removal Techniques (Skimmers, Augers, Chainsaws
When: Check back here for scheduled 2019 class dates.
Where: Hastings Fire Department
115 5th Street West, Hastings, MN 55033
Cost: $200 (Lunch provided-Green Mill Catering)
*Preferential attendance given to current RSRC Members
Sign Up: Email firstname.lastname@example.org